Guidelines and Forms
The overall purpose of the proposal is to demonstrate how your interests, strengths and experiences connect to the academic goals you hope to achieve in your IIM program. The proposal should explain why your areas of study interest you and how each course contribute to your proposed major. You should follow this outline while drafting your proposal.
What should be included in the proposal?
- A cover sheet, listing your name, student ID, ITSC account, proposed IIM title, advisors, etc.
- Introduction and background (approximately 1 page)
- A clear statement of the central academic purpose of your proposed IIM (approximately 3-4 pages)
- Conclusion (approximately 1 -2 paragraphs)
- Attach a proposed course list (using the template provided)
- Attach a proposed study pathway (using the template provided)
- Benchmarking Table (using the template provided)
- Attach the signed faculty advisor evaluation form (using the template provided)