The Key Roles of EMIA
- Fostering and advancing interdisciplinary innovation in education programs by
- Offering IIM and IIP degree programs in a structured way
- Working with Schools to develop unique and innovative programs and new major/minor in “X”,
- Coordinating collaborative capstone projects.
- Incubating new interdisciplinary education and research
- Identifying emerging interdisciplinary topics for university in a systematic way
- Doing pilot runs for new programs
- Developing successful new programs and transferring them to other academic units
- Coordinating interdisciplinary activities
Mission & Vision
In collaboration with Schools, the Division of Emerging Interdisciplinary Areas envisions to:
a) foster the agile development of new education programs;
b) contribute to identifying emerging cutting edge and niche topics (namely “X”),
c) coordinate interdisciplinary education and research initiatives within and outside HKUST for agile development of “X”.